Type of website: Ecommerce
Effective Date: February 24, 2023
Buddyguardstorage.com (the “site”) is owned and operated by Jason Kroll. Jason Kroll is the data controller and can be contacted at:
- The personal data we will collect;
- User of collected data;
- Who has access to the data collected;
- The rights of Site users; and
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
By using our Site users agree that they consent to:
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and process personal data about user in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR.
We rely on the following legal bases to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU.
- Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of a user, steps before entering a contract or for the performance of a contract to which a user is a party. If a user does not provide the personal data necessary to perform a contract the consequences are as follows: __________________________________; and
- Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation. If a user does not provide the personal data necessary for us to perform legal obligation the consequences are as follows:__________________________________.
Personal Data We Collect
Data Collected in a Non-Automatic Way
We may also collect the following data when you perform certain functions on our Site:
- First and Last name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Address; and
- Payment information.
This data may be collected using the following methods:
- Online payment gateway.
How We Use Personal Data
The data we collect when the user performs certain functions may be used for the following purposes:
- Product purchase.
Who We Share Personal Data With
We may share user data with the following third parties:
We may share the following user data with third parties:
- Payment information.
We may share the following user data for the following purposes:
- Payment processing.
Third parties will not be able to access uer data beyond what is reasonably necessary to achieve the given purpose.
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it;
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- The prove or protect our legal rights; and
- To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the even that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please not that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored for 1 year.
You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
In order to protect your security, we use the strongest available browser encryption and store all of our data on servers in secure facilities. All data is only accessible to our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and a breach of this agreement would result in the employee’s termination.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore, we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
Your Rights as a User
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed;
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification;
- Right to erasure;
- Right to restrict processing;
- Right to data portability; and
- Right to object.
The minimum age to use our website is 19 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data, their parent or guardian may contact our privacy officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we have disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise and of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact our privacy officer.
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user’s hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user’s browsing habits. You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
We use the following types of cookies on our Site:
- Functional cookies: Functional cookies are used to remember the selections you make on our Site so that your selections are saved for your next visits; and
- Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Site by collecting data on how you access our Site, for example data on the content you access, how long you stay on our Site, etc.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in the Contact page so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue. If you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact a supervisory authority. You also have the right to directly make a complaint to a supervisory authority. You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK, Data Protection Commission in Ireland.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, you can contact our privacy officer using the contact method on the contact page.